Friday, March 04, 2005

"To live your life you've got to lose it..."

Misty asked me yesterday who sang this song so I looked it up because I had forgotten. I put it on when I found it and as I was listening to the words I realized it was exactly what I needed, it spoke to me directly about what I've been going through, the burdens, the darkness, the feeling of being in last place. "To live your life you've got to lose it..." Very powerful...

Lavishly our lives are wasted
Humbleness is left untasted
You can't live your life to please yourself, yeah
That's a tip from my mistakes
Exactly what it doesn't take
To win you've got to come in last place
To live your life you've got to lose it

And all the losers get a crown

CHORUS:
I get down and He lifts me up
I get down and He lifts me up
I get down and He lifts me up
I get down

All I need's another day
Where I can't seem to get away
From the many things that drag me down
I'm sure you've had a day like me
Where nothing seems to set you free
From the burdens you can't carry all alone
In your weakness He is stronger
In your darkness He shines through
When you're crying He's your comfort
When you're all alone He's carrying you

CHORUS

This valley is so deep
I can barely see the sun

I cry out for mercy,
Lord
You lift me up again

CHORUS

Audio Adrenaline, Get Down

3 comments:

Miss-buggy said...

Very powerful.
I have had that song on my mind for at least a week now. Thanks for posting it.
I listened to it this morning.
Wow....
Praise the Lord!!

Scott said...

amazing how we can sing a song for a long time without really understanding the lyrics. then when you do...

i remember when i was in a particularly bad place and i was singing "come to the light" where it says in the rap, "take off your mask and give it to the light, will you give it all to him this time?" and it hit me. i was leading the song and the words hit me hard. hurt me. and healed me.

Miss-buggy said...

then when you do understand the lyrics it means so much more. It is like you get hit by a big truck.
The hurt is the hardest.
It is so hard to see that it is all a part of the healing process.