Saturday, April 16, 2005

Hello from Vernon!!

Well we made it safe and sound without any problems. Well, actually we left late because I had another migraine in the afternoon and Rod had a flat tire when he got into the Vancouver airport(Welcome home Rod, now change a tire in the rain). But once we got going everything was good. We've been having a good visit, although it seems we brought the rain with us.

Now for the rant part of my post, tell me again why my baby doesn't sleep?? When we arrived here last night it was after 12 and Payton woke up figuring it was time to get up and play. So we visited for a bit then tried to put her in the crib, not happening. I figured if she was in bed with us she would just cuddle in and sleep. Nope, I had one of the worst nights sleep I have ever had, she complained, kicked, patted, cried, wiggled, pulled, and rolled. She would not sleep!! Once I woke up in a panic because I could feel she wasn't under my arm and there she was sitting on the floor by the bed(we were on an air mattress) playing. When she saw I was awake she just smiled and chatted a bit at me, she was mighty impressed with herself. If this is how she is going to be when camping we are NOT going. AHHHHHH.

Then there's Zada. Quiet little content Zada who is awake for 1.5 hours then sleeps for 1.5-3 hours, is awake for 1.5 hours then sleeps for 1.5-3 hours ect ect ect ect. I wasn't aware that babies like this actually existed. Kristen had told me but I guess I didn't believe her, or didn't want to anyways!! Payton dug deep into the genepool until she found the red hair and temper to go with it. I still have no idea where it comes from. Don't get me wrong, I love my baby with all my might, she's got more personality and spunk than she knows what to do with but would it be so bad to sleep once in awhile???

I just pray she'll sleep a little better tonight, a little better, that's all I ask for.

2 comments:

Kaylyn said...

Glad to hear that you made it up there, all safe and sound.

Maybe we could move our visit to Tuesday now...lol

shari said...

How did the rest of the weekend go Michelle? Did Payton and you manage to sleep?