Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Well my nice neat house is a mess again. Actually the truth is our house was never completely neat. Our bedroom had become a catch all, there were many unpacked boxes and other stuff that had found it's way there when we didn't want to deal with it. Our dresser had never become organized so our clean clothes sat in piles around the room. It was my dirty little secret. Well it finally drove me nuts and Rod and I gutted the room on Mon. The only problem was we didn't have enough time to finish. So the bedroom is pretty neat, the living area now isn't. I refuse to put anything back in the bedroom to be dealt with later because I know what will happen. So it sits in my living area until I find a home for it. I figure it'll get done faster this way, as I can work at it during the day. When I can of course, generally Payton isn't all that keen on letting me be productive during the day.

The amazing thing is it isn't driving me crazy, I'm(for the time being anyhow) not feeling like a failure because my house is a mess. I don't care. Mind you if someone was to show up unannounced it might be a different story, but as of right now It's not bothering me, and I'm rather proud of myself. Just don't come over, LOL!!

4 comments:

Susan Kirchmayer said...

its all how you look at it. its not messy, its lived in!!!

Sue said...

besides...your place is pretty tiny. where is the stuff going to end up anyway?

Miss-buggy said...

hehehe.....Payton is just over ten months now!! I thought about that on Monday. Two more months!!

lori said...

i think the biggest rip off of being a stay at home mom is that we judge ourselves by the cleanliness of our houses.

i remember reading somewhere (don't know where, 'small mind' ya know!) somebody reflecting upon their life (while dying) saying, 'if i could do it all over, i'd spend less time doing housework."

i'm all for order, but i'll be buggered if i'm ging to evaluate myself on how well i clean up after someone else's messes...