Sunday, June 26, 2005

I've been attacked. At least that's what it felt like. WHAM, throwing me right off my feet. I fell hard into a pit of self loathing and worthlessness. This week has been good, lots of connections with God and soul searching. God has put me into situations this week where I felt confirmations in my growth and a desire to seek my direction in Christ. Not everything is rosy but I'm feeling the healing touch of God and hearing his encouragement louder than satans lies. I wonder about the timing of this attack. Did I just let my guard down because I've been feeling better or is my growth and relationship with God being closely monitored by Satan? Am I being hit hard now because I'm trying to focus more on God now and less on my own crap? Or I am I just being self involved? All I know is Rod and I prayed, reached out to God for help and within minutes I was up, feeling stronger and stronger by the minute. Thank you God for your strength and love and healing touch.

2 comments:

Miss-buggy said...

How cool is that!! YEAH!!!
I always felt that the closer I got to God the harder Satan faught. The more I was knocked down feeling like I couldn't and shouldn't rise. AWesome though that God is there pulling us back to our feet. Love you. Your growth in God is so amazing. He is 100% pleased with you. Remember that.

Nikki said...

Wow... can *so* relate Michelle! I think you & Misty are so right... when we're down on ourselves, not doing great, Satan can leave us up to our own devices, we're doing his work for him basically, right? BUT when we start to draw nearer to God and feel glimpses of the peace that He wants to bless us with, I completely believe that Satan will fight with all of the power that he has to keep us from being happy and attaining our true potential. He's had a lot of practice, he knows our weaknesses (some like I are blessed with many LOL). The cool part is when we get over that mountain, we're a little closer - sometimes a LOT - than when we started. :)