Thursday, September 08, 2005

A little chaos in the morning

I had a bad nights sleep last night. I'll post about that later. It left me feeling groggy and sleep deprived which was a great start!!. The alarm goes off, which is another thing I've got to get used to again, alarm clocks, nasty things!! I get up, get Holly up and dressed. I am just about to do her hair when the phone rings. It's Shelley due to circumstances I'm not going to get into, she isn't going to make it to take Holly for breakfast and then to school. Ok, no prob, I can take her to school. Oh, Payton's up, and grumpy she is. "I can't carry you around this morning grumpy Gus". Ok, breakfast I can't send a kid to school without breakfast. Toast in. Lunch!! Oh shoot!! What can I send for lunch?? Dig around in the fridge, find enough supplies for a good sandwich and snack, phew!! Meanwhile toast burns!! AHHH.... Holly informs me Payton needs a change....badly!! Put new bread in the toaster, watch it like a hawk. Perfect!! Breakfast is on. Go to change Payton, discover she's leaked through and needs new clothes as well. Clean bum, clean clothes, check! Payton is following me around whining..... Ok, what else? Brush my hair and teeth. Remember I actually never got to Holly's hair. Do Holly's hair. Holly's jacket is in her mom's truck. Dig out a sweater of mine. Her lunch kit is also in the truck...hmmmm Check time.. OH MY GOSH!! We have got to leave NOW! Holly has to pee...quick...go!! Remember Payton hasn't eaten, grab cookies. Shoes on, Payton in arm, keys in the door, "Holly where are your shoes???" Upstairs!!! GO QUICK!! Run up to the van get Payton buckled, get Holly loaded. Drive quickly, but not to quickly!! Get stuck behind a school bus and go through 10 school zones. Arrive at the school at 8:28, first bell has already gone, final bell at 8:30. See Holly run in sweater 10 sizes to big with a plastic bag lunch......phew

Payton is now fed and napping, I'm going back to bed......

3 comments:

Kaylyn said...

It is good thing you have a 4 years before you have to do that every single morning!! Not that exact situation though!!

shari said...

Ohhhhh I hate mornings like that.

Sue said...

I remember it well....and that is why we see so many mothers still in their pyjamas dropping off their children at school...but never me.....oh no...i would never do that....