Friday, October 07, 2005

"Yes, the climax of this story is right there where we realize that we live Him and that we mustn't reduce Him to a performance, a mere play to sit idly by and watch. No, we must push back the enemy of apathy and become Him as the lovers He created us to be, the very ones that accelerate goodness in this world by taking a hand in ours and by offering justice for the oppressed and dignity to the broken. And we'’ll wrap it all up in a package called simplicity.

So ultimately, if we trust the Rider when he says go, well, then, we can honestly rise above the mundane and the minutia and simply meet his gaze and say, so I go -– not past tense mind you, but a personal commitment in the form of an ongoing action verb, one of moving and loving and going with arms wide open."

This was an excerpt taken from a post on So I Go.

I found this very powerful. I have feeling dry lately. Almost spiritually dead. I find lately I have to remind myself to be thankful, to read my bible, even to pray. Which is scary because praying always came naturally, I just did it, sometimes with out even realizing I felt a need, stopped what I was doing and prayed. I'm in a slump. Nothing grabs me, nothing pulls me. I desperately need to find the restart button and try this all again. I'd seen So I Go's comments here and there and decided to check it out. It really gave me something to think about and ponder for today and I'm thankful for that. He really is an amazing writer, you should check it out.

4 comments:

Miss-buggy said...

He is an awesome and amazing writer. I have always enjoyed his writings. The ones that grab at you and ring so true in your heart.
Even though you may feel dry at this point in time remember that He still flows through you. It may not be obvious right now but we see it. Under the surface He is still there and coming through you. I had a dry time too. I am not saying that it is over. I think that is the battle of the wilderness that we go through. Learning to grow closer to Him. My time in the hospital reaffirmed Him in my Heart. Although He was there all the time.
I don't expect that we will always feel like we are on top of the mountain wanting to shout it out to the world. I expect that there will be times that make us feel dry but it is these times that we can use to understand Him more. To know God fully. It will pass. Maybe not in a day or a week but it will come and you will be on that mountain again. He is still there encouraging you. Being a Christian is a lot of work. A lot of willing to get our hands dirty for Christ.
You have an amazing faith in Him and I see it. So do others. I know. Sometimes He uses others to let us know how we are doing when we don't see it ourselves. Sometimes He comes through others to us and that has been you to me so many times.
I love you. I will be with you always. Always willing to get through these times with you. A thing I remember is that only God can fill that Thirst. Only He can make you complete. Come Thirsty is a great book. Only He can quench your soul.
Love you with my heart Chel.

so i go said...

wow.. thanks .. i'm honored! and Misty, thank you as well. your comments to your friend are so thoughtful and well said - i don't think i could add a single thing.

blessings to you both..

Curious Servant said...

Heavenly Father. . .
Bless this child of Yours. Permit her to feel You near. Refresh her and renew her.
Amen

shari said...

((((((((Michelle))))))))))
i hate the dry spells. but everyone has them once in awhile. hang in there.
I totally agree about So I Go's writing, it is truly inspirational. I have just recently discovered his blog as well.