Thursday, December 01, 2005

Snowbound

Yes, I love the snow. I love how it makes everything look so beautiful and peaceful. I love going out to play, the crunch under your feet. It reminds me of my childhood(I grew up in Alberta, there was LOTS of snow). It makes me feel festive.

This year so far, I also find it makes me feel trapped. This brings with it feelings of overwhelm and exasperation. I need to run my kid around, there just isn't room in my place to do that. Yes we all get bundled up(a painstaking process) and go outside to play the snow, which lasts for varying lengths of time depending on the child. Thenwe all get unbundled(another painstaking process) and go back inside. Payton's not quite into the snow yet, doesn't want to run around much, she'd rather I carried her which takes the fun out of it. So I look for other options, where can I take kids that's indoor, fun, and free(or really really cheap?) There's just nowhere. I ended up taking them to Superstore earlier in the week and letting them run loose in the toy section. I'm sure they loved me!

I also don't have winter tires, they are decent tires, I just can't afford a winter set. So driving very far when it's snowing, or when the roads are covered makes me nervous. I haven't had a problem I am just very busy anticipating them.

Despite everything I still am enjoying the treat of the snow, we have it so rarely. So I say,

"LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW"

Just not when I have to drive, have kids who need to be run, or need desperately to get out....

0 comments: