Thursday, April 19, 2007

YEAH FOR PAYTON!!

Tues morning I notice Payton doesn't have her diaper on. She often takes them off in the morning now to use the toilet so I didn't think much about it. I spot it on her bed and ask her why there is a diaper in her bed, with smiling eyes she tells me she took it off. I pick it up, it's dry, bone dry. I ask her when she took it off, last night she tells me grinning like a banshee. You were in bed with us last night for a bit did you have it on then? She's giggling madly now, no she manages, and Daddy didn't notice! She thinks this whole conversation is hilarious! Did you use the potty last night I ask, yup she says, with no help I continue, yup she says very proudly. And her bed is dry too. I was amazed, well I figure if she can do it once she can do it again so 2 nights since she's had no diaper and no accidents. What do you know? She night trained herself! I'm sure there will be accidents still but we have a fully potty trained child. NO MORE DIAPERS FOR PAYTON!!! Happy dance, happy dance!

I'm beginning to think EI doesn't know what they are doing. We still haven't received Rod's check for the 2 weeks of parental leave he took. They messed up on the dates to begin with and sent us a check that was wrong. We didn't cash it. They had supposedly cleared up whatever the confusion was and sent a correct check. We haven't received it. Then yesterday we got a letter saying they overpaid him and now we owe them $120. What the heck? We haven't cashed a penny!!! Grrrrrr......I hope someone else hasn't cashed our check or something. What a major pain.

15 comments:

Summer said...

Hey for Payton. Good for her!!! She must be very proud of herself

shari said...

YAY Payton!!!! I'm a big kid now!!!!


as for EI.... UGH! Been there, done that! hope it works out for you soon.

soooo... what are you doing on Friday?

Michelle said...

Friday as in tomorrow? Don't think I have anything planned, been taking it one day at a time. Are you coming out? It would be great to see you!

shari said...

i am starting back to work on wednesday, so i thought i would try to get out to visit some friends on friday. late morning work for you?

shari said...

oh yes.. tomorrow. lol

Michelle said...

Wow, your fast! LOL

You got the job! Good for you!! Very exciting!! Late morning should be fine. Are you going to be at Liz's? Or did you want to meet for coffee? I've discovered getting out of the house does wonders for me. Doesn't do much for my house but oh well....

You know what? I'll just email you. Oop...baby doesn't think she needs a nap...

Miss-buggy said...

the house can wait. You can get help from Rod. Your sanity is more important. Love you.
Stupid EI I know what that is like! My kid is choosing not to nap either!

Miss-buggy said...

oh and YAYAYAYAYAY PAYTON! Good Girl!! One less thing for mommy to have to worry about! Proud of you little one!

Kaylyn said...

YEEAAHHHH Payton!!

Susan Kirchmayer said...

now you can buy her some cute underwear!!

Nikkaru said...

you can get dora the explorer underwear, and then to motivate her to stay dry tell her not to pee on dora

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! Go Payton! I am SO READY for BOTH the kids to be potty trained. I think I will throw a party when they are!

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to ask you, is it okay if I put you on my blogroll?

Anonymous said...

oops, that was me under "anonymous." Michelle from Mindful Mothering. :)

Sue said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Michelle, I hope you had a wonderful day. Love you, me.