Saturday, October 20, 2007

And I'm sure I'll say it again

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again, I have so much respect for single parents. That's a tough job, probably the hardest one I can think of. I feel so blessed to have Rod helping me navigate through parenting.

Rod is at men's retreat this weekend, I know I think they are crazy too! Camping in the wet & cold of October is not my idea of a good time. Maybe that's because well...I'm not a man! That would be why our ladies retreats include real beds and running water. I sure hope they are having a good time though.

Last night was hairy. Payton coughed until she threw up. At the time I wasn't sure what came first the cough or the vomit. I was so worried she had a flu. But she wasn't hot and after whatever flem was lodged where it wasn't supposed to be worked it's way loose she was fine. I cleaned and changed her and watched her like a hawk for awhile but she was fine. Thank goodness. Meanwhile Sam had already been up a handful of times and started screaming heartily again while I was occupied with Payton. I was starting to feel a little frazzled at that point. Eventually everything calmed down and I heaved a great sigh of relief. Said a little prayer of thanks, and was once again in awe of what single parents do 24/7.

The girls and I are off to have a sleep over at my Mom's. We haven't been for awhile and are very excited. So I better get back to packing. Have a good weekend all!

2 comments:

Sue said...

awww, you posted new pictures of the girls. They're so lovely! You should know, I've been craving a Chai Latte since the other day. :)

Miss-buggy said...

I so know what you mean! I have a new respect for single parents too. When the dad's are home at least we get some help! Hope you had a good weekend. HUGS