Friday, January 22, 2010

Housecleaning

Going to be doing some housecleaning around here, I've already started, slowly.

I've been thinking a lot about New Years resolutions, I know it's well past New Years but I've been mulling things around. I'm not a fan of New Years resolutions in general, they are often made with out much intention and don't have staying power. Which brought me to think about intentions, and intentional living, about paying attention to the here and now. To try to enjoy each day, or at least something about each day. To learn something, to do something, to just be present. I find so often I'm focused on getting through, and getting by that I miss out on the here and now. So my intention for this year is to be. Yes, plan for the future and work toward goals but not at the expense of today.

I think a journey is awaiting and I'm excited. With all this thinking I've been subjecting myself to I've also realized that I don't really know, consciously know, what makes me tick. What resonates in my soul? What makes me feel alive? Or on a more simple note, what do I like and dislike? If someone asked me how I would want to decorate, or wear if I could choose anything and I really don't know!

So I'm going to work on clearing out my actual house, my blog space, and my brain. Then re-building. I'm not sure where this is all coming from except that I'm feeling a huge drive to re-evaluate and grow. And I need to write for that to happen.

I have a feeling that wasn't very coherent but I've gotten something out of my head so that's a good first step :)

2 comments:

softearthart said...

Hi, It is good to slow the pace of life down. I find, it does not matter if the hoovering only gets done once a week ,or chores get put on hold. Living "In the now" is all about pacing yourself, you are a very busy Mother and children s needs are always going to be needed to be met,so enjoy and realize that, that is your role at this time. But clearing up clutter and having space around you, can bring new and wonderful thoughts about who you are, to the front. "Happy days" Marie

Michelle said...

So so very true. Everything seems to move so fast around me that I really have to work at slowing down the pace.