Saturday, October 16, 2004

Time marches on

It's been a month since I last posted, and let me tell you it's gone fast. There were moments of course when it seemed time was standing still(when she's been especially grumpy for example) but for the most part I can't believe she's almost 3 months old already.

There were many moments I really wanted to write, vent actually, but couldn't due to various reasons. I noticed something though, I want to write when I'm fustrated or overwhelmed. How come I don't feel the urge to write when I'm having a good day? With having a new baby, a fussy one at that, fustration is common and really good days are uncommon. You would think I would want to write about the uncommon, that's just not the case. So am I feeling sorry for myself?? Or do I want others to feel sorry for me?? Or at least sympathize?? Am I that petty?? Women have been having babies since the beginning of time and many of them in much harder situations than me and haven't complained. I should remember the good times, and the help I receive and be grateful for what I have, because I really am, I just forget to say it as often as I should.

This doesn't mean that after this I won't complain any more, just that I shouldn't, I am after all human.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I often said if EJ had been my first kid-she'd have been my last! I can totally relate to what you've gone thru, and as to not blogging on your good days-you're probably trying to relax and enjoy it and catch up on stuff before the next tidal wave hits. Just wait-soon she'll be graduating high school, like my "baby" is and you'll wonder whatever happened to all that time that seemed to stand still....linda