Sunday, March 20, 2005

Feeling small

So after three absolutely horrible nights, with Payton being up and up and up and up, we have decided there is nothing wrong with her and we should not let bad habits form. So tonight when she woke up after a "nap" I went in told her it was still bedtime and left. She's been crying for about 30min now and I'm feeling about 2 feet tall. If you asked her at this very moment she would probably say we were the worst parents in the whole world. Now before everyone comments to tell me that's not true, I know it's not I'm just feeling down about letting her cry that's all. I thought we had been through this but I guess there's always something with kids isn't there?? I don't think I will ever gets used to letting her cry, I hate it.

2 comments:

liz said...

hey michelle, being that I only have one kid for the next little while, would you like to get together? Becka could amuse Payton and we could have coffee.

shari said...

some great advice given to me, when struggling with developing healthy sleeping patterns with a baby, set a timer for what you feel to be a reasonable amount of time. When the buzzer goes off, go in, touch the baby, speak to the baby, then leave and set the timer again. This way, both you and the baby know that everything is ok and baby learns that Mom and Dad will come, and are there for her, but are not going to take her out of bed. And you will know that you are not leaving the baby.
I recently had a night with Vicky where she was up crying all night. Teething, I believe. But I was so scared that it was a start of the whole sleepless nights thing again. I feel your frustration!!!!