Saturday, July 30, 2005

Home again, home again....

Yup, we made it back!! Safe and sound. I am tired. Hmm...that doesn't quite convey enough emotion. I am TIRED!! There, that's better. I had a little nap this afternoon, when Rod came to get me up I wasn't pleasant. Poor Rod!! Actually I take that back. I had an appointment I had to go to this afternoon, Rod stayed home with Payton. I had been talking recently about re-arranging the furniture in the bedroom and organizing it because it drives me crazy. Rod decides that a good way to unpack is to organize the bedroom. I get home and there is stuff everywhere, the bed I so desperately want to crawl into is in parts. I could have cried. All I wanted was to unpack in a somewhat neat manner, and go to bed. Now there is STUFF all over my house. AHHH!!!! It was tidy when we got here. Honest!! Oh well, as long as the bed is back together at bedtime I'll be a happy girl!!

My excitement for the day was ALMOST hitting a deer. It was just a fawn, still had it's spots. I almost hit Bambi!! It was the closest I have ever come to hitting anything. I would have been devastated!! I had just been thinking that the only wildlife I had seen in awhile had been dead when all of a sudden there was a deer right in front of me. I swerved to the right hoping to give it enough time to cross, and it hesitates. OH CRAP!!! I went as far as I dared to the right then headed back into my lane and it continued out of lane just in time!!! I continued down the road for a few seconds and pulled over. I had to start breathing again!! I was freaked right out!! I woke Rod up with my swerving, tire screeching, and swearing, but Payton slept right through!!

Anyways there is other things to say but I better go see if I can wake up enough to get some organizing done tonight. Either that or head to bed........

1 comments:

Miss-buggy said...

I ran over a poor squirel. Yeah I totally went to swerve too but the little brat had decided to run the way he just came from and I hit the poor little guy. I had to pull over. I cried. I know, just a squirel but still.
We are glad that you guys are all home safe and sound. Missed you so much. See you soon. Love you!!
(((HUGS!!!)))