Saturday, July 30, 2005

Payton hates bath time??

My little girl who used to love bath time has decided that she HATES it. She used to have a great time, it was one of the only times when she was younger that she wasn't fussy. Then about a month ago she decided she didn't like having her hair washed then gradually it became I hate bath time altogether. She cries and screams when you give her a bath. What's with that?? Is it normal for a small child to change their mind about something so suddenly and dramatically without warning?? Very perplexing.....

6 comments:

Kaylyn said...

Brayden didn't know if he liked bath time for the longest time. Now he loves it!! Isn't it weird? Brayden also loved his bottles, now if you gave him one, he'd throw it back at you!!!

Miss-buggy said...

I am not a mom, but what about a morning bath time to start the day?

shari said...

Misty is on to something... it could be a timing thing....

OR... it could be a totally unexplainable weird baby thing where they just change gears and like things they never used to and stop liking things they used to. Its a phenomenom. I'm sure there is a name for it. hehe

Michelle said...

I started bathing at night because she loved it, it soothed and relaxed her before bed. She's had a bath everynight for probably 8 months. Now with this new fear of the bath I think it will start to be a daytime thing when needed. I hope this doesn't last forever, just another "phase" in the life of a child. I can hope can't I??

If you ever come up with the name of this phenomenom Shari, I'd be interested!!! Sheesh!!

Miss-buggy said...

bathphobia

lori said...

maybe it's hair-wash-o-phobia. my theory is that babies reach an understanding that if they cause enough stink, they can change their world. mine all did. they all went through no 'NO HAIR WASH' stage.

maybe she hates the water on her head?

try this, set a small pool outside, fill it with warm water from the sink, (they have special adaptors) and trick her into thinking she's having pool time instead...if she likes the pool, that is...

good luck.