Friday, August 19, 2005

Ah......What???

A conversation recently had with Holly(7)

I am cleaning out Payton's room, boxing up to small clothes ect.

Holly: "What are you going to do with all Paytons too small clothes?"

Me: "Either we'll lend them to someone else who has a baby girl or hang on to them for when we have another baby"

Holly: "And how do you do that?"

Me: after a moments hesitation "Do what?"

Holly: "Have a baby"

Oh dear...

Me: "Um, what part exactly?" (I didn't know if she knew anything at all)

Holly: "Well you have to go to the Docter right?"

Me: "yes"

Holly: " We'll do you just tell him that you want a baby and he gives you a shot or something?"

Oh double dear.....

Me: "Well, no, you need a Mommy and a Daddy to make a baby."

Holly: "yeah, well how does it get inside?"

Oh CRAP, how did this start???

Me: "Um, well it's hard to explain, I'm not sure if your mom would like me to explain it to you"(hows that for dodging a question?

Holly: "Oh, hmm.....what can be so hard about it?"

Then lets it drop, thank goodness, I SO am not ready for that!!

5 comments:

shari said...

LOL... oh my gosh Michelle. Nothing like having someone elses kid put out the tough questions, there.

cari said...

oh...too funny!!!
Andrew drew a picture of me 2 days ago and pointed out my big tummy, he asked if I knew why he drew me with a big tummy, I said no even though I was pretty sure why. Yep, there was a baby in there. I explained that you needed a mommy and daddy to have a baby, so that was not likely to happen. In his 5yr old mind he figured that when he gets older he can be the daddy and I can be the mommy.....
SO wrong!!! but he's 5....

Kaylyn said...

Wow...that is a tough spot to be in. Sounds like you were doing a good job!!

Sue said...

giggle...sounds like you have a great relationship. This is just practice for the day you get to tell your own children. Then they let every else know....and so on...sigh

Miss-buggy said...

LOL!! That is so funny. Good dodge is right!!
And yes she would definately tell everyone!! Remember when she announced that she was going to be an aunty. Didn't take people long.
Ahhh......Holly, Holly, Holly. You gotta love that kid.