Sunday, September 18, 2005

We sang a song in church today, well we sang many songs in church today but one struck me in particular. Amazing love. I love that song, have since the first time I heard it but today somehow I heard it differently, it's hard to explain. The line "it's my joy to honour you, in all I do, I honour you" really struck me. I really want to honour God in everything. I want my life to scream of my faith. I don't think it does and that stings. I need to remember that I'm not living my life for myself, I'm living it for God. Everything I think, everything I do needs to reflect that. We allow day to day life to get in the way of the joy we should feel everyday by living for God. I long to be where God wants me to be, close to him but I find myself floundering more often than not. I guess it's a constant longing for a more personal and obediant relationship with our Father. I'm just glad I've been given the gift of moments of clarity, so I can see what I'm striving for. I hope I never give up.

Amazing Love.

I'm forgiven, because you were forsaken
I'’m accepted, you were condemned
I'm alive and well, you'’re spirit is within me
Because you died and rose again


Amazing love, how can it be
that you my king would die for me
Amazing love, I know it'’s true
now it'’s my joy to honor you
Amazing love, carry me
My king would die for me
Amazing love, I know it'Â’s true
It'’s my joy to honor you
in all I do, I honor you...

You are my king...

2 comments:

shari said...

I love that song too, Michelle. We sang it this Sunday, also!

Miss-buggy said...

that is one of my favorites. ALways belt that one out at the top of my lungs.