Monday, January 02, 2006

It's a New Year.

Somehow I lack the motivation to get excited by starting a new year. I spent the minutes leading up to the countdown to 2006 folding laundry. Exciting I know, I was equally as enthralled. I was pondering what that could mean about the coming year? Is it to be The Year of the Laundry? The year that I stick my head out of the piles of laundry and housework only when I can't breath anymore. The year that I feel neck deep in sticky fingers, and temper tantrums. The year that I lose myself completely in trying to make everything work out.

I'm sure that will be part of it, it is after all an inevitable part of having kids. And some how there is still a desire to have another, so I guess it can't be that bad. I've been spending a lot of time pondering last year and looking at what I want to happen in 2006. Trying to find my enthusiasm for tackling the next year. I want to make the most of it, regardless of what gets thrown at me. I need to find my faith. I think once I can coax it out of the dark corner that it's taken refuge in everything will become clearer.

Anyways, I should go. My "other" kid, the one who takes residence on my couch isn't going to sleep as long as I'm here typing away. She says she isn't tired, I bet I hear a different story when I try to get her up in the morning.....

0 comments: