Monday, March 06, 2006

Strange I know


I heard this song today and it really struck me, not about a boyfriend rather about God and Jesus. I guess I don't have a lot of faith in a father figure, or any male for that matter, I just don't think they will stick around. I wonder sometimes why(and if) God bothers with me. Why he doesn't give up when I throw tantrums and dig my heals in. I could so easily scream some of these verses word for word at God, and have. And the answer is always yes, YES, he is strong enough to carry you and always willing, if you'll let him. I'm just not there yet.

Strong enough

God I feel like hell tonight
The tears of rage I cannot fight
I'd be the last to help you understand

1-Are you strong enough to be my man..

Well, nothing's true, and nothing's right
So let me be alone tonight
'Cause you can't change the way I am
(rpt 1)

2-Lie to me, I promise I'll believe
Lie to me, but please don't leave

I have a face I cannot show
I make the rules up as I go
Just try and love me if you can
(rpt 1, 1...)

3-When I've shown you
That I just don't care
When I'm throwing punches in the air
When I'm broken down and i can't stand

Are you strong enough to be my man..

(rpt , 3, 2)

Sheryl Crow

1 comments:

Miss-buggy said...

kinda gives you a warm feeling when we realize that He is strong enough to be our man hey? I get where you are coming from.