Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Life goes on

I guess Christmas being soon can't stop life from continuing, bad things still happen. My Grandpa(Mom's Dad) is in the hospital. I don't know the full story but they thought originally it might be pneumonia but it looks like it isn't although there is a black area on his lung they have to check out. There was also something to do with enzymes around the heart, I think it could indicate a minor stroke? Not to sure about that one. The huge worry right now is different though. He had been sleeping a lot lately and I guess his oxygen levels got really really low, he was hallucinating ect because they were so low. So they've had him on oxygen all weekend, and have been giving him a sedative because he was still hallucinating and been difficult to the point of violence. So over the weekend they continued giving him oxygen but somehow the sedative made his body unable to get rid of the Co2. So his organs all started shutting down due to high Co2 levels. They've transferred him to ICU and it's a wait and see how he responds situation. It's times like these I know my mom really struggles with being to far away. It's really up in the air if she'll be catching a flight and heading out there. Any prayer would be much appreciated.

8 comments:

James Goudie said...

you guys and your grandpa are in my prayers

Kaylyn said...

My thoughts are with you and your family...call me if you need to!! I am here.

Mandy said...

So sorry darling. Praying...

jewels said...

it's true isn't it? life just keeps moving forward even at Christmas. I think that society should be give a week off over the holidays - nothing bad can happen from the 20th-27th -

your family is in my prayers -
and could I ask you to return the favour and pray for my aunt who gets her results today and my 2nd mom who is dying of lung cancer...

Michelle said...

Thanks to everyone.

Jewels: A week off would be fantastic. You and your family are in my prayers.

Susan Kirchmayer said...

praying

shari said...

((((((((Michelle)))))))))))))

praying...

Anonymous said...

praying for all of you

love Angie