Thursday, February 01, 2007

Home again home again

So we are home. Everything is pretty much the same. No baby, and baby refused to turn. Baby would turn just a little but move right back as soon as The Dr let up pressure. The Dr said baby was a fighter. Stubborn!!

The procedure itself wasn't to bad. I/baby were monitored for awhile with both the fetal monitors(non-stress test) and the ultrasound. The Dr. figured the bum was settled a little low and baby probably wouldn't be co-operative but was willing to give it a try. They sprayed something under my tongue to help the uterus relax. It was quite uncomfortable and hurt some at moments but wasn't to bad overall. But baby would have none of it and is quite happy sitting were it is. The Dr. said he didn't apply as much force as some Dr's do so that makes his success rate a little lower, but also makes his complication rate lower as well. I was fine with that, I really didn't want anyone yarding on the baby, just giving it a little monitored push in the right direction. Afterwards he checked the baby on the U/S again and they kept me on the fetal monitors for probably an hour and a half. Everything was fine, I've had some slight cramping which I was told was normal considering someone was pushing on my uterus.

We talked a little about what happens now. He wants to schedule me in for a Cesarean for the 15th. He doesn't want to go any earlier to make sure the lungs are fully developed. I have to call his office and confirm tomorrow, as well as make an appointment for next week to go over everything with him. I'm fine with the 15th(it's only 2 weeks!!) and I don't want to rush this baby if it needs more time, Payton was early but that was a naturally occurring early. Of course if I have any signs of labour I'm supposed to get there fast. That's what worries me, getting there in time if I was to go early. I want to be in hospital when this baby comes!! He said that there is still a chance baby will flip, a few do in the last weeks. They will do a confirmation U/S right before the surgery just to confirm.

The midwives gave some other suggestions as to how to continue to try to turn the baby, including positioning, swimming, and acupuncture. The acupuncture weirds me out a little, has anybody heard of or tried it in regards to turning a breech baby? I'll have to do some research on that one.

Anyways, I am very very tired. I have my tea in hand and am heading to bed.

6 comments:

Sue said...

It's good to know that you and baby are doing fine. i just got home from work and had to check. So for the next two weeks I will be standing by, just in case. Love you girl.

Miss-buggy said...

awwwwwwwwwwww...stubborn little baby! I am just getting way to excited to meet this little one though! Times like this when I wish I still had a cell phone. HAHA.......expect for me to be checking in on you!!
I am glad though that you and baby are ok. Praying for you and for that little monkey to turn!! LOL

Susan Kirchmayer said...

praying baby stays in the oven until the 15th.....

Anonymous said...

praying for all four of you

Anonymous said...

Hi! You left a comment on my blog - Mindful Mothering - so I came over to check your's out. :) I'm so happy for you! Looks like we have some stuff in common so I'm going to keep checking in if that's okay. :)

I haven't done acupuncture to turn a breeched baby but I have used it for other issues. It is a little weird but it always worked for me. If it's a possibility that you would be interested - do try it. If not, your sweet baby will get to you healthy and beautiful anyway. :) I'm very excited for you. Becoming a momma of two is a major event.

Michelle said...

Rosa, Hi!!

Your blog surfing a day after delivery!! Impressive!! Glad you stopped by, please feel free to check in whenever. Congrats again on your new baby girl!